© 2017 Rover.com. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy

FAQs

Make $1,000 or more per month walking dogs.

Get Started

FAQs

Am I eligible to become a Rover walker?

You need to be at least 18 years old, have the latest Rover app for iOS or Android, able to pass a background check, and be available on weekdays. Beyond that, dog walkers come from a variety of backgrounds. If you work from home or you're a student, recent grad, nanny, babysitter, seasonal worker, entry-level job seeker, retiree, or contract worker, Rover could be a great fit for you. If you're a vet tech, vet assistant, kennel assistant, or in any pet care or animal care field, you could make money with Rover while building your professional skills. But of course, nothing is more important than a genuine love of dogs.

What's the process to become a Rover walker?

Since you won't meet most dog owners before you walk their dogs, your certification will help you earn their trust. Here's how it works: You'll get started by creating your Rover profile, then our in-house team will manually review and approve it. After that, you'll earn your walking certification, which includes online lessons and orientation, plus an in-person harness test. Once you're certified, you'll be part of the nation's most trusted community of dog walkers.

Can I offer other services besides dog walking?

Absolutely! You can also offer dog boarding (watching dogs overnight in your home), house sitting (taking care of your client's dog and their home overnight), day care, and drop-in visits—it's up to you. 

How much can I make as a Rover dog walker?

Since you set your schedule, you can make as much or as little as you like. You'll earn $15 for each 30-minute walk (plus $3 for each additional dog). If you offer other Rover services, you'll set your own rates and keep 80% of your earnings (the other 20% helps us cover benefits the costs of processing payments and ongoing promotion of Rover dog walkers and sitters—as well 24/7 support, important site maintenance, and product improvements). 


How it works

Get certified

Learn everything you need to succeed. Pass a background check, get your profile approved, and earn your certification.

You'll get notifications with nearby requests, access info about your dog clients, and send updates, the app is required.

Use the Rover app

Get $15 per walk (plus $3 if the owner has another dog). You'll get paid within 48 hours of finishing your walk.

Enjoy quick payments

Access 24/7 support

Rover is the nation's largest community of 5-star dog walkers, and we're here for you every step of the way.

How it works

Rover walking

Have an hour to spare? Open the Rover app and start a walk within minutes or book a walk for later on. Whether you want to walk dogs full-time or on your lunch breaks, Rover gives you the flexibility you need.

Book walks that suit your schedule:

ASAP - Accept a walk and arrive within 30 minutes

Later - Accept a walk for a specific time

Book walks that suit your schedule:

Every Week - Accept ongoing walks with the same client

Rover walking

Turn your extra time into extra cash


Turn your extra time
into extra cash


Get Started

Make $1,000 or more per month walking dogs with Rover.com, the nation's largest network of dog walkers and pet sitters. Get started by creating your Rover profile.

Make $1,000 or more per month walking dogs whenever you like—simply open the Rover app and go. Get started by creating your Rover profile.

Rover by the numbers

Every 4 seconds
an owner books a Rover walk or stay

140,000+
dog walkers and sitters are part of the Rover family

11,000
cities are home to owners who use Rover